Cyber threats — including data breaches and ransomware attacks — require urgent attention and can quickly become catastrophic for your practice if not dealt with decidedly. Cyber liability coverage helps your practice survive these incidents by covering losses from cyber-related events. This coverage is included with every TMLT and LSA medical liability policy.
Beginning with July 1, 2021 renewals, we have updated our cyber liability coverage. These updates represent a more proactive approach when it comes to managing and defending cyber claims.
- TMLT and LSA are working with Corvus Insurance — an insurance technology firm — to provide you with more robust cyber risk management. Corvus uses machine learning and other tech to help predict and prevent cyber claims.
- Corvus uses technology to individually assess your practice’s online presence, and can reach out to you about any cyber vulnerabilities. Think of it as a practice review for your systems.
- If you experience a cyber event, you will work with a breach response team to help resolve the incident and a claim handling team to help recover damages.
- There is no increased premium cost for this coverage; but effective with renewals after July 1, 2021, there will be a $2,500 per event deductible for cyber claims.
- Limits on cyber coverage remain $100,000/$100,000 ($100,000/$500,000 for entities). If you would like higher limits, please contact Michael Litman or call 512-425-5937.
- For dentists covered under LSA, the limits are $50,000 per claim/$50,000 per policy period.
If you are a policyholder, the changes will be automatically applied to your account at renewal. You will receive details about these policy updates with your policy renewal materials.
For more information about our work with Corvus Insurance, please watch our Cyber Insurance Update webinar.
Questions? Please contact the customer service team at 800-580-8658 ext. 5050 or firstname.lastname@example.org.