REGISTER FOR OUR FALL CME SEMINAR
Attorney Dan Ballard, JD will address recent Texas legislative updates, such as changes to opioid prescribing rules; new laws pertaining to CBD products; new CME course requirements; liability protection for volunteer health care professionals; and telehealth. Mr. Ballard will also address regulatory updates, including new consent forms required by the Texas Medical Disclosure Panel (TMDP), and hot topics related to the Texas Medical Board (TMB).
Enjoy dinner and network with your colleagues while earning 2 CME credits, 1 ethics credit, and a 3% premium discount on your next eligible policy period. This is a program you don’t want to miss . . . register today!
Upon completion of this course, participants should be better able to:
- discuss the controlled substance Prescription Monitoring Program (PMP) and changes to opioid and benzodiazepine prescribing rules;
- outline new requirements for specific CME courses which must be taken;
- describe legislative updates affecting Texas physicians such as the new laws pertaining to cannabinoid derived products, liability protection for volunteer healthcare professionals in the wake of disasters, and telemedicine;
- identify additional regulatory updates including new requirements for consent forms; and
- discuss Texas Medical Board (TMB) hot topics and the ramifications of peer review actions.
Dan Ballard, JD
Mr. Ballard is a partner with Ballard & Simmons, LLP. He speaks extensively for TMLT on risk management and medical malpractice defense issues, with an emphasis on medical board matters and complaints.
DATES AND LOCATIONS
Registration: 6 p.m.
Program: 6:30-8:30 p.m.
Thursday, November 7 – Dallas Renaissance
Tuesday, November 12 – San Antonio Marriott Northwest
Wednesday, November 20 – Westin Austin at the Domain
Wednesday, December 4 – Houston Marriott at the Medical Center
TMLT Policyholders: $100.
Register online two or more weeks before the seminar and receive a $10 discount.
DISCOUNT ON YOUR PREMIUM
TMLT policyholders who complete this program may earn a 3% discount that will be applied to their next eligible policy period.
The Texas Medical Liability Trust is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Texas Medical Liability Trust designates this live activity for a maximum of 2 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This course has been designated by TMLT for one credit in medical ethics and/or professional responsibility.
Dan Ballard has no commercial affiliations/interests to disclose related to this seminar. TMLT staff, planners, and reviewers have no commercial affiliations/interests to disclose related to this seminar.