Cyber Consulting Services
Cyber Risk Management — Protection From Online Threats
Strong cyber security is an increasingly important business requirement in today’s work environment. Data breach threats are on the rise and can be potentially devastating to your business and your clients.
TMLT offers fee-based services to help organizations minimize cyber threats, including violations of medical privacy and security laws. Our cyber risk management services include HIPAA risk assessments; IT services; policy and procedure reviews; publications; and customized training. Through our subsidiary, Texas Medical Insurance Company (TMIC), we offer standalone cyber liability and technology errors and ommissions coverage for both first-party and third-party losses.
Have a cyber question? Our Cyber Liabilty FAQs are a great resource to help you answer your cyber-related questions or concerns. You may also contact our cyber risk experts, John Southrey or Cathy Bryant, for help.
Subscribe today to our Cyber @TMLT e-newsletter for an additional resources and cyber related news.
Risk Assessment — Medical Privacy, Security, and Breach Notification
Our cyber risk management experts will visit your organization to determine your risk for data breaches related to medical privacy and data, and to identify any vulnerabilities. The assessment is designed to help you comply with HIPAA, HITECH, and Texas medical privacy and security laws. Our team can also provide you with resources, staff training, and IT support to help you address these risks.
There is a fee for the cyber risk assessment, as it involves an in-depth evaluation of your organization's data use, storage, and systems.
Medical Privacy and Security - State and Federal Laws FAQs
- Are some physician practices exempt from complying with HIPAA?
- In 2003, practices that had paper medical records, and met the definition of a covered entity, were required to meet HIPAA Privacy. Is that all I need to be concerned about?
- Who is required to conduct a risk analysis and how often must it be repeated?
- What are the requirements for training staff on privacy and security?
- Are business associate agreements required?
- How is sensitive personal information different from protectedd health information?
- What should I do if I have a breach of protected health information?
HIPAA Training For Physicians and Staff
TMLT Staff Certified in Health Care Privacy Compliance
Our cyber risk professionals can train your staff in maintaining compliance with federal and state medical privacy and security laws and in cyber security best practices. Request staff training here.
Nivola Healthcare Solutions
Nivola Healthcare Solutions provides services to assist health care professionals and entities in complying with HIPAA/HITECH privacy and security regulations. Services include online HIPAA training and risk analysis and documentation assistance.
TMLT offers additional resources to help you comply with federal and state medical privacy and security laws, including:
- A TMLT Privacy and Security Toolkit containing:
- HIPAA/HITECH and Texas Privacy Laws Comparison Tool
- Introduction to Developing Customized Physician Office Training
- Guide to Getting Started
- Security Risk Analysis Myths and Facts
- Medical Privacy and Security To Do List
- Cyber liability case studies
- Education programs
- CME programs
- Related presentations
Contact our TMLT PDCS team to request additional resources.
Increased Cyber Security Monitoring with eSentire
For organizations who want a higher level of cyber security, TMLT has partnered with eSentire.
eSentire offers Managed Detection and Response (MDR) that provides 24-hour live monitoring of a client’s computer network by an IT expert looking for cyber threats. Having this level of threat detection allows immediate human intervention to either turn off access or to step down a computer session if necessary. Essentially, eSentire’s services act like an intelligent circuit breaker in real-time when needed. Learn more about MDR.
Contact our TMLT PDCS team to learn more about eSentire and their services for physicians.
IT Service Partner
TMLT has partnered with Onsupport Corporation, an established IT firm, to offer a range of solutions for your data security needs, including:
- managed network services and help desk;
- security risk assessments for Meaningful Use/HIPAA compliance;
- system penetration;
- phishing campaign;
- vulnerability testing; and
- hosting, back-up, and disaster recovery.
Contact our TMLT PDCS team to learn more.
All TMLT policies include Cyber Coverage with limits of $100,000 per claim and $100,000 per policy period for physicians. Group limits are $100,000 per claim and $500,000 per policy period. Increased limits and enhanced cyber coverage are available for purchase from TMLT.
Since not all cyber policies are the same, TMLT can also help your organization purchase customized, stand-alone cyber insurance with limits up to $10 million per claim, and $10 million in the aggregate. We can also advise you on coverage benefits to protect organization against cyber threats.
Contact our TMLT PDCS team to speak with a cyber insurance expert.
Cyber Liability Articles and FAQs
Here is a list of helpful TMLT cyber liability blog articles and FAQs.
- What to do if you are a victim of ransomware
- Charging for copies of medical records: New rules released
- The next round of OCR’s HIPAA audits is here. Are you ready?
- Authentication – A vulnerability in your practice?
- Federal government expands HIPAA investigations
- The newest cyber threat: Online financial fraud, the Reporter, Q1
- The weekend I spent hacking my own computer
- Health and Human Services launches random HIPAA audit surveys
- Windows 2003: The “biggest cyber security threat of 2015”
- Have you conducted a risk analysis?, the Reporter, Volume 4
- What the new HHS rule means for patients, pathologists, and lab test reports, the Reporter, Volume 5