If you are seeking a career at TMLT, then you are seeking an opportunity to build a career in an energetic and growing organization. We not only offer dynamic career opportunities, but a competitive salary and generous benefits package that include medical, dental, life and disability insurance, paid vacation time, performance-based bonuses, professional development opportunities, a 401(k) plan with a matching contribution, a discretionary profit sharing contribution, and a unique defined benefit plan.
CURRENT CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
TMLT is seeking a production underwriter who will be responsible for the development and management of medical professional liability coverage by creating and maintaining relationships with health care providers, health care administrators and/or appointed agents. This candidate will consistently apply underwriting standards and deliver high quality customer service to clients.
The individual in this position should have:
- Knowledge of professional liability insurance underwriting fundamentals and principles
- Strong analytical and problem-solving aptitude
- Detail-oriented nature and the ability to produce highly accurate work
- Methodical reasoning, resourceful decision making
- The ability to function within a team environment
- Leadership and empowerment skills
- The ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent time-management and prioritization skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications such as Word and Excel as well as Image Right
- Professional and concise written and oral communication skills necessary as well as solid presentation skills
Bachelor's degree preferred. Certification in professional insurance programs such as RPLU or CPCU preferred, but not required. A minimum of three years of casualty underwriting experience and history of new business production required, with medical professional liability experience preferred. At least one year direct supervisory experience needed. Moderate travel required, including overnight stays.
Must obtain Texas Department of Insurance General Lines Agent License within six months of employment and is responsible for maintaining license requirements.
UNDERWRITING SUPPORT CLERK
This position provides clerical and general office support to the Underwriting and Business Development department.
Daily tasks include:
- prepare and scan paper documents, incoming mail, and faxes;
- maintain large volume printers by keeping adequate paper supply and distributing printer output to appropriate staff;
- process requests for renewal questionnaires and verification of coverage for policyholders;
- input policyholder information with additions, changes, or deletions; and
- keep policyholder credentialing information current by updating current operating system with policyholder credentialing information from forms received.
Qualified applicants must have a working knowledge of modern office practices and procedures including filing, telephone techniques, and office equipment. Working knowledge of scanning equipment is preferred. Candidate should be proficient in Microsoft applications such as Word and Outlook.
This position, in the Underwriting and Business Development department, is responsible for providing professional, high-quality customer service to TMLT/TMIC policyholders, primarily via telephone. Assist underwriters in performing a full range of underwriting technical functions requiring a high degree of accuracy.
Duties for this position include:
- answer and respond to routine and mid-level phone calls and emails from policyholders while referring high-level questions to appropriate underwriter;
- perform data entry of new business, renewals, endorsements, reinstatements, and cancellations/non-renewals for new and existing business;
- process new business applications for moonlighting physicians following established workflows;
- accept and process TMIC deletions on existing policies;
- compile spreadsheet and loss reports on renewals to include present and estimated renewal premium, discount and other special factors;
- coordinate with accounting representative and underwriters in review of invoices, pending cancellation list, notice of cancellation process, billing issues, and assists the customer service team with billing questions;
- generate requests to underwriting service specialist team to produce endorsements, letters, and forms for emailing, mailing, and faxing;
- process TMA drop and pending lists sending warning or cancellation letters as needed; and
- process entry on all renewals requiring manual rate letters.
The successful candidate must possess:
- effective communication skills: verbal, written and interpersonal;
- strong analytical, problem solving, organizational and customer service skills;
- knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel;
- high school diploma or equivalent, some college and/or basic insurance courses preferred; and
- minimum of two years of experience in a technical role in an insurance or medical professional liability environment preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
Texas Medical Liability Trust
Attn: Human Resources
P.O. Box 160140
Austin, Texas 78716