If you are seeking a career at TMLT, then you are seeking an opportunity to build a career in an energetic and growing organization. We not only offer dynamic career opportunities, but a competitive salary and generous benefits package that include medical, dental, life and disability insurance, paid vacation time, performance-based bonuses, professional development opportunities, a 401(k) plan with a matching contribution, a discretionary profit sharing contribution, and a unique defined benefit plan.
CURRENT CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
TMLT is seeking a production underwriter who will be responsible for the development and management of medical professional liability coverage by creating and maintaining relationships with health care providers, health care administrators and/or appointed agents. This candidate will consistently apply underwriting standards and deliver high quality customer service to clients.
The individual in this position should have:
- Knowledge of professional liability insurance underwriting fundamentals and principles
- Strong analytical and problem-solving aptitude
- Detail-oriented nature and the ability to produce highly accurate work
- Methodical reasoning, resourceful decision making
- The ability to function within a team environment
- Leadership and empowerment skills
- The ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent time-management and prioritization skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications such as Word and Excel as well as Image Right
- Professional and concise written and oral communication skills necessary as well as solid presentation skills
Bachelor's degree preferred. Certification in professional insurance programs such as RPLU or CPCU preferred, but not required. A minimum of three years of casualty underwriting experience and history of new business production required, with medical professional liability experience preferred. At least one year direct supervisory experience needed. Moderate travel required, including overnight stays.
Must obtain Texas Department of Insurance General Lines Agent License within six months of employment and is responsible for maintaining license requirements.
TMLT INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
We are seeking qualified candidates for our 2018 Summer Intern Program, which will take place June 4 through Aug. 10. This program presents a hands-on learning experience in a supportive, mentoring environment that provides participants with a realistic look at the medical malpractice insurance services. As a TMLT intern you will focus on developing the skills necessary for success by assisting professionals with day-to-day job assignments and/or special projects.
During this internship period, you’ll be part of a diverse, experienced team of people who work hard; enjoy what they do and have strong relationships with each other. Together, you’ll work to meet goals central to TMLT’s mission of “making a positive impact on the quality of health care for Texans, by educating, protecting, and defending physicians.”
As an intern, you must be working towards a bachelor’s degree (graduating in 2019, 2020 or 2021). In addition, the following criteria are highly recommended:
• Effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to provide information in a clear, concise manner.
• Ability to build and maintain effective relationships.
• Effective analytical skills to gather information, analyze facts, and draw conclusions.
• Proficient in Microsoft applications such as Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
Internship positions will work standard TMLT hours, Monday through Friday, at the Austin, Texas location.
The following internship positions are currently available.
Below is a sample of the special projects that will be assigned to the Accounting Intern:
- Create and maintain account analysis files for various balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Perform intercompany account reconciliations.
- Perform daily cash receipts processing and other AP/AR accounting functions.
- Create and update financial presentations and reports.
- Prepare management reports and schedules.
Texas Medical Liability Trust
Attn: Human Resources
P.O. Box 160140
Austin, Texas 78716