From trial venues to claim trends, no one knows the medical liability landscape better than TMLT. We employ a team of experienced claim professionals and attorneys who specialize in the defense of medical liability claims and regulatory actions.
Because we are a self-insurance trust, we have the distinct advantage of physician involvement. Our physician-based committees evaluate fellow policyholders on a peer-to-peer basis. The Claims Review Committee — a panel of 26 physicians in multiple specialties — reviews, analyzes and renders opinions in complex cases.
When you need us most, our claim staff, physicians, and attorneys will defend your career and reputation.
Some Quick Facts:
- Since 1979, we have resolved more than 48,000 claims.
- Since 2002, we have won more than 90% of our cases taken to trial.
- Since 2002, we have closed more than 87% of our claims with no indemnity payment.
- In most instances, we do not settle a claim without physician consent.
- TMLT will aggressively defend non-meritorious claims.
- Our claim staff attends mediations and trials.
- Our claim staff averages 27 years of experience and 19 years with TMLT.
- On-call, 24-hour claim reporting available.
- The Claim Process
Understand the measures taken when a claim, a lawsuit, or a demand for compensation is reported.
- Claims FAQs
Understand what a claim is, how to file one, and what happens after you've reported it.
- Report A Claim
Steps on how to report a claim.
- View Your Claim History
Download your claims history/certificate of insurance from by logging into your myTMLT portal.