PARTNERSHIP FOR A NEW ERA OF MEDICINE
At TMLT, we know what really matters to you. We know that seeing patients and providing excellent care is your primary goal. But in today’s health care landscape, we recognize that you are often called upon to wear different hats, and the role of the physician is evolving.
The good news is that TMLT is here for you. We’re working hard to find new ways to support you, so you can practice without unnecessary burdens or red tape. Whether it’s fighting for you at the State Capitol, keeping you informed on the latest cyber security issues, or protecting you with the best medical liability coverage available.
In 1979, the Texas Medical Association established TMLT to provide affordable, reliable coverage against medical liability claims for its members. TMLT is not an insurance company, but a self-insured trust led by a Board of Governors who are elected by TMLT policyholders. Members of the Board of Governors are physicians who draw on their own experience in medical practice to help guide operations.
Today, TMLT has more than 20,000 policyholders and covers more physicians in Texas than our next five largest competitors combined. We provide the best protection and benefits to our policyholders, including a strong claim defense, customized risk management, and enhanced policy features.
Rated A (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company.
TMLT — BIGGER THAN TEXAS
Through Lone Star Alliance, RRG, we offer medical liability coverage to physicians outside of Texas.
Lone Star Alliance is a risk retention group and an affiliated company of TMLT. It offers medical liability and similar types of insurance to physicians, groups, health care facilities, and allied health professionals in multiple states.
Lone Star offers TMLT-level coverage and service to practices outside of Texas or to TMLT policyholders who leave Texas to work in another state.
TMLT IS EXCLUSIVELY ENDORSED BY
- TMLT is the only medical professional liability insurance provider created and exclusively endorsed by Texas Medical Association.
- The Texas Medical Association, the nation’s largest state medical society, speaks out for more than 48,000 physician and medical student members across the state to improve the health of all Texans. In partnership with 110 county medical societies, TMA has been helping Texas physicians set high professional and ethical standards since 1853.
- Established with the Texas Medical Association in 1853, the Bexar County Medical Society (BCMS) is the oldest county medical society in Texas. BCMS has grown to become the eighth largest county medical society in the U.S., serving 4,300 members. TMLT has been endorsed by the Bexar County Medical Society since 1999.
- Established in 1904, the Big Country Medical Society is an organization of almost 300 physicians in the West Texas area dedicated to providing health care of the highest quality to the residents of the Big Country. TMLT has been endorsed by the Big Country Medical Society since 2018.
- Started 120 years ago, the Collin-Fannin County Medical Society serves more than 800 members. TMLT has been endorsed by the Collin-Fannin County Medical Society since 2010.
- The Dallas County Medical Society, established in 1876, is a professional organization that has grown from 30 to more than 7,100 physicians. TMLT has been endorsed by the Dallas County Medical Society since 1994.
- Formed in 1898, the El Paso County Medical Society currently has more than 800 active members. The society emphasizes the union of physicians into an organization, secures and enacts enforcement of legislation, and fosters good relations in the community. TMLT has been endorsed by the El Paso County Medical Society since 2012.
- Established in 1903, the Harris County Medical Society is the largest county medical society in the U.S., with a membership of more than 11,000 physicians and medical students. TMLT has been endorsed by the Harris County Medical Society since 1998.
- The Hidalgo-Starr County Medical Society represents more than 600 physicians in a two-county region. TMLT has been endorsed by the Hidalgo-Starr County Medical Society since 2013.
- Since 1921 Jefferson County Medical Society (JCMS) has served as an advocate for physician members. With nearly 475 members, JCMS remains strong and continues to grow. Jefferson County Medical Society has endorsed TMLT since 2012.
- The Lubbock-Crosby-Garza County Medical Society represents more than 800 physicians in a three-county region. TMLT has been endorsed by the Lubbock-Crosby-Garza County Medical Society since 2002.
- The Nueces County Medical Society, established in 1904, is one of 110 component county medical societies of the Texas Medical Association. The Society's 750 members include approximately 80% of the physicians practicing in Nueces County. TMLT has been endorsed by the Nueces County Medical Society since 2012.
- The Potter-Randall County Medical Society was organized in 1903 with 18 physician members. It has now grown to approximately 400 member physicians who provide medical care for patients in the counties surrounding Amarillo. TMLT has been endorsed by the Potter-Randall County Medical Society since 2013.
- The Smith County Medical Society mission is to promote and encourage the highest standards of ethical medical practice for the benefit of the community and to serve as an advocate for its physician members. TMLT has been endorsed by the Smith County Medical Society since 2012.
- Founded in 1902, Tarrant County Medical Society represents more than 3,000 physicians in Tarrant County. TMLT has been endorsed by the Tarrant County Medical Society since 1998.
- Texas Academy of Family Physicians, the state's largest medical specialty organization, promotes and assures the maintenance of high-quality health care, has 32 local chapters, and is a chapter of the American Academy of Family Physicians. TMLT has been endorsed by the Texas Academy of Family Physicians since 1992.
- Texas Orthopaedic Association strives to assure the citizens of Texas excellence in musculoskeletal health by uniting orthopedic surgeons and promoting the highest professional, ethical, and moral standards. TMLT has been endorsed by the Texas Orthopaedic Association since 2004.
- The Travis County Medical Society (TCMS) is a component society of the Texas Medical Association. TCMS membership includes more than 3,800 members in the greater Austin area. Members have joined together to share medical knowledge and raise the standard of medical care in Texas. TMLT has been endorsed by the Travis County Medical Society since 1994.
- TMLT is a gold corporate affiliate of the Texas Medical Group Management Association (TMGMA), whose mission is to foster professional development of members through education and networking; to enhance the image of medical group management in the effective delivery of health care services; and to represent the interest of members in policy-making activities. The TMGMA is affiliated with the Medical Group Management Association.