Few could have predicted this year's crisis, its effect on physicians, or the impact it will have in the years to come. Whether you've been challenged by a new way of practicing or are worried about your practice finances, know that you have the full support of TMLT.
As part of our commitment to policyholders, in 2020 we offered a second 10 percent premium dividend. This COVID-19 dividend was in addition to a 10 percent renewal dividend already in effect.
In total for 2020, we will have given $25 million in dividend credits to our Texas policyholders.
TMLT is not an insurance company, but a self-insured trust. We are led by a physician Board of Governors who draw on their experience in medical practice to help guide operations.
To us, medical malpractice insurance means providing the best protection and support to our policyholders. Discover all the ways TMLT can support you.
SPEAK TO A REPRESENTATIVE
We offer the following coverage types: claims made policy; occurrence policy; per patient policy; Medefense; cyber liability; employment practices liability insurance (EPLI); medical director; Moonlighting; tail coverage; prior acts coverage; premises liability; and locum tenens.
- Policies are available at a variety of limits for physicians and health care organizations. No matter what your specialty, practice type, or location, we can customize our medical liability insurance to protect you. Get a quote.
Our physician board and in-house risk management, claim, and underwriting staff work together to serve and support policyholders. Because we are a Trust, our model is designed to reward policyholders, not stockholders.
- We give back to our policyholders through discounts, rate reductions, dividends, and our Trust Rewards program.
- We helped achieve tort reform in Texas in 2003, which resulted in premium savings, reduced litigation, more physicians in Texas, and increased patient safety.
- Our advocacy has not stopped with the passage of tort reform. We continue to fight for physicians, helping relieve the burden of legislative and regulatory compliance issues.
When physicians join TMLT, they gain a partner — a partner who shares their commitment to practicing safe medicine. We provide a customized approach and a team of risk management professionals to help mitigate risk. Our risk management services include CME courses, on-site practice reviews, and telephone and email consultations.
- CME course options include home-study programs, online courses, webinars, seminars, and workshops.
- During a practice review, a risk management professional visits the practice to determine risk exposures. These reviews are free to all policyholders and can be completed without disrupting patient appointments.