To us, medical malpractice insurance means providing the best protection and support to physicians. Discover all the ways TMLT can support you.
Few could have predicted the COVID-19 crisis, its effect on physicians, or the impact it will have in the years to come. Whether you've been challenged by a new way of practicing or are worried about your practice finances, you have the full support of Texas Medical Liability Trust (TMLT).
TMLT is not an insurance company, but a self-insured trust. We are led by a physician Board of Governors who draw on their experience in medical practice to help guide operations.
We remain your advocate at the courthouse, at the statehouse, and in the aftermath of COVID-19. Let us protect and advocate for you and your practice.
GET A QUOTE OR APPLY FOR COVERAGE
MED MAL 101
Purchasing medical liability insurance can be confusing. If you're not sure where to begin, read this presentation to learn about the types of coverage related to medical malpractice insurance and how to choose a carrier.
We offer the following coverage types: claims made policy; occurrence policy; per patient policy; Medefense; cyber liability; employment practices liability insurance (EPLI); medical director; Moonlighting; tail coverage; prior acts coverage; premises liability; and locum tenens.
- Policies are available at a variety of limits for physicians and health care organizations. No matter what your specialty, practice type, or location, we can customize our medical liability insurance to protect you. Get a quote.
Our physician board and in-house risk management, claim, and underwriting staff work together to serve and support policyholders. Because we are a Trust, our model is designed to reward policyholders, not stockholders.
- We give back to our policyholders through discounts, rate reductions, dividends, and our Trust Rewards program.
- We helped achieve tort reform in Texas in 2003, which resulted in premium savings, reduced litigation, more physicians in Texas, and increased patient safety.
- Our advocacy has not stopped with the passage of tort reform. We continue to fight for physicians, helping relieve the burden of legislative and regulatory compliance issues.
When physicians join TMLT, they gain a partner — a partner who shares their commitment to practicing safe medicine. We provide a customized approach and a team of risk management professionals to help mitigate risk. Our risk management services include CME courses, on-site practice reviews, and telephone and email consultations.
- CME course options include home-study programs, online courses, webinars, seminars, and workshops.
- During a practice review, a risk management professional visits the practice to determine risk exposures. These reviews are free to all policyholders and can be completed without disrupting patient appointments.