At TMLT, we know that seeing patients and providing excellent care is your primary goal. But in today’s health care landscape, you are often called upon to wear different hats, and the role of the physician is evolving.
The good news is that TMLT is here for you. We’re working hard to find new ways to support you, so you can practice without unnecessary burdens or red tape. Whether it’s fighting for you at the State Capitol, keeping you informed on the latest cyber security issues, or protecting you with the best medical liability coverage available.
TMLT is not an insurance company, but a self-insured trust. We are led by a physician Board of Governors who draw on their own experience in medical practice to help guide operations.
To us, medical malpractice insurance means providing the best protection and benefits to our policyholders, including a strong claim defense, customized risk management, and enhanced policy features.
SPEAK TO A REPRESENTATIVE
We offer the following coverage types: claims made policy; occurrence policy; per patient policy; Medefense; cyber liability; employment practices liability insurance (EPLI); medical director; Moonlighting; tail coverage; prior acts coverage; premises liability; and locum tenens.
- Policies are available at a variety of limits for physicians and health care organizations. No matter what your specialty, practice type, or location, we can customize our medical liability insurance to protect you. Get a quote.
Our physician board and in-house risk management, claim, and underwriting staff work together to serve and support policyholders. Because we are a Trust, our model is designed to reward policyholders, not stockholders.
- We give back to our policyholders through discounts, rate reductions, dividends, and our Trust Rewards program.
- We helped achieve tort reform in Texas in 2003, which resulted in premium savings, reduced litigation, more physicians in Texas, and increased patient safety.
- Our advocacy has not stopped with the passage of tort reform. We continue to fight for physicians, helping relieve the burden of legislative and regulatory compliance issues.
When physicians join TMLT, they gain a partner — a partner who shares their commitment to practicing safe medicine. We provide a customized approach and a team of risk management professionals to help mitigate risk. Our risk management services include CME courses, on-site practice reviews, and telephone and email consultations.
- CME course options include home-study programs, online courses, video courses, seminars, and workshops.
- During a practice review, a risk management professional visits the practice to determine risk exposures. These reviews are free to all policyholders and can be completed without disrupting patient appointments.