This policy pertains to this website and the following affiliated companies and their websites:
Terms used in this policy
“Client data” means information that TMLT collects or receives directly from its own business clients via the TMLT sites, including data of prospective clients.
“Financial data” means data containing credit card numbers, bank account information, or account information for online payment systems such as Paypal or Amazon.
“Personal data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ("Data Subject"); an identifiable person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identification number or to one or more factors specific to the person’s physical, physiological, mental, economic, cultural, or social identity.
“Website data” means personal and non-personal data collected or submitted on TMLT’s sites.
Your privacy is important to TMLT. Any personal information that we collect from you on this website will not be sold to any other company or organization. TMLT collects, uses, and discloses website data for various purposes. For example:
- We require contact and other information to add registrants to our mailing lists and create registrant profiles.
- We collect contact information such as names, mailing addresses, and email addresses, and financial data such as credit/debit card information and online payment service information from our clients. We may use such information internally or share such information with third parties (whom we hire to perform certain tasks) for various purposes such as:
- for marketing or promotional purposes — for example, to offer our products and services, or upgrades/updates to our products or services, or different products and services;
- to provide our products and services, for credit card authorization and verification; to bill for our products and services; to communicate with clients concerning their accounts; and for other customer service, authorization, account history, and billing purposes;
- to ask for participation in surveys;
- to provide news and newsletters, special offers, promotions, and targeted advertising; or
- to better understand how clients and others access and use our products and services, including our sites and advertising; on an aggregated and individualized basis; for the purposes of improving our products and services; and to respond to client desires and preferences.
- We may also collect demographic and profile data (such as age, sex, and income level) to improve our marketing and promotional efforts; to statistically analyze site usage; to improve our content and product offerings; and/or to customize a site’s content, layout, and services.
- We may share demographic, profile, and/or transaction data with third parties, but on an aggregated basis.
- For example, we may share aggregate information regarding purchases of our policy products as necessary for analysis, marketing, or other purposes.
- We may share website and/or client data with third parties for the purpose of facilitating the marketing or delivery of (i) TMLT products and services and/or (ii) any related third party services.
By visiting our sites or submitting information to us, you consent to the uses and disclosures listed above.
Internet protocol addresses
IP addresses are collected from all computers that visit our sites. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet. We use IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server; administer our sites; analyze trends; track site visitors’ movements; gather broad demographic information for aggregate use in order for us to improve the sites; and deliver customized, personalized content. IP addresses are not linked to Personal Data.
TMLT provides its clients and prospective clients with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us at any time. If we have contacted you via email and you no longer wish to receive promotional emails from us, you can click on the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of our emails and follow the instructions. Your email address will be promptly removed from our email marketing database. Please note that we may still use email addresses for non-marketing purposes such as customer service purposes.
We may conduct occasional online surveys via our website or via an email newsletter. These surveys are entirely voluntary and recipients may easily decline to participate.
Our sites may contain links to other websites. Please note that when you click on one of these links, you are visiting another website for which TMLT has no responsibility. We encourage you to read the privacy policies on all such sites as their policies may be different than ours.
Financial data transmitted through TMLT’s system is transmitted using SSL (secure socket layer) encryption. SSL is a proven coding system that lets a web browser automatically encrypt, or scramble, data before it is sent to us. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage is 100% secure. Since no data security measures are 100% foolproof, TMLT cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted via our software and systems.
As explained above, if TMLT receives personal data, it processes it in a way that is compatible with and relevant to the purposes for which it was collected. TMLT also takes reasonable steps to ensure that client and website data is accurate, complete, current, and reliable for its intended use.
Our adherence to this policy may be limited to the extent necessary to meet national security, public interest, or law enforcement requirements.
TMLT uses a self-assessment approach to assure compliance with this policy and periodically verifies that the policy is accurate, prominently displayed, completely implemented, and accessible. We encourage interested persons to raise any concerns by contacting us. We will attempt to resolve any complaints and disputes regarding our uses and disclosures of personal data.
Unearned premium due to policy endorsements, cancellations, or overpayment whether payment was received by check, ACH, or credit card will be refunded to the insured via check within 30 days of activity.
Incoming duplicate payments processed via ACH or credit card will be refunded directly back to that payment source account within 24 hours of the duplicate payment identification.
COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARK NOTICE
Copyright © 2009-2021 TMLT. All rights reserved. The content of this website is copyrighted by TMLT unless otherwise indicated. Content may not be copied, reproduced, or transferred in any way without the written consent of TMLT. Physicians may copy information on this website for their own personal use, but may not distribute or transfer the information without written consent from TMLT. TMLT must be properly credited when reproducing information for distribution from this website.
Content for this website and all TMLT publications is written by TMLT staff, with the exception of various assigned freelance articles. We do not publish unsolicited articles from sources outside of TMLT. Additionally, we do not rewrite or re-publish press releases. Some press releases of interest are reviewed by TMLT staff to provide leads for broader coverage. Story ideas and press releases can be submitted to TMLT; however, this information will be used only at the discretion of TMLT staff.
All articles are edited in accordance with the American Medical Association Manual of Style.
Legal notice and liability disclaimer
This website is published by TMLT as an information and educational service to Texas physicians. The information and opinions on this site should not be used or referred to as primary legal sources or construed as establishing medical standards of care for the purposes of litigation, including expert testimony. The standard of care is dependent upon the particular facts and circumstances of each individual case and no generalizations can be made that would apply to all cases. The information presented should be used as a resource, selected and adapted with the advice of your attorney. It is distributed with the understanding that neither TMLT nor its affiliates are engaged in rendering legal services.
TMLT tries to ensure that all information contained on this website is reliable and accurate. However, despite our efforts, it is possible that some of this information may contain inaccuracies or errors and TMLT cannot offer any guarantee that all information is correct. Users of this site rely on information contained herein at their own risk. This website is also subject to change at any time.
This website contains links to sites outside the TMLT website. Since TMLT does not maintain these sites, TMLT cannot guarantee the accuracy or reliability of the information they contain. Use of this information is completely voluntary and should be undertaken with caution.
TMLT does not accept any responsibility for damages resulting from the use of or reliance on information located on this site or any linked sites.